The General Federation of Women's Clubs, of which The Woman's Club of Medford is a part, has chosen Domestic Violence Awareness and Prevention as its signature project. For the month of October, we encourage everyone to be aware of the issue and observe in the following ways:
• National Coalition Against Domestic Violence: www.NCADV.org
• National Network to End Domestic Violence: www.NNEDV.org
• New Jersey Coalition for Battered Women: www.njcbw.org or 1670 Whitehorse, Hamilton Square Rd. Trenton, 08690 609-584-8107
• National Resource Center on Domestic Violence: www.NRCDV.org.
• Futures without Violence: www.futureswithoutviolence.org
• National Center on Elder Abuse: www.NCEA.AOA.gov
• New Jersey Coalition to End Domestic Violence: NJCEDV.org
• Partners for Women and Justice: www.pfwj.org
• National Sexual Violence Resource Center. www.nsvrc.org
The GFWC Success for Survivors Scholarship was created through GFWC’s commitment to change the lives of survivors as they reshape their future in a positive way through higher education.
The GFWC Signature Program: Domestic Violence Awareness and Prevention Fund is fully supported by donations from GFWC members, partners, and friends.
We filled toiletry bags to be distributed by the Domestic Violence Advocacy Center. The bags were filled with feminine hygiene products, soaps, shampoos as well as children’s items including books and small toys. We also included pet necessities in some of the bags. Sometimes pets are lucky enough to escape with the human victims.
Pinwheel Gardens are a very visible reminder that domestic violence aimed at children is a very real and all too common problem in our world. The Woman’s Club of Medford urges everyone to remember the youngest victims and report anything suspicious. You could save a life.
The Woman’s Club of Medford, for many years, provided clothing and other essentials to the victims of abuse being assisted by Providence House. We hope to continue this tradition for many years to come.